Edwardsiella ictaluri Vaccine, Avirulent Live Culture
For the prevention of ESC disease (enteric septicemia of catfish) due to E. ictaluri infection.
- Highly Effective - Fish vaccinated with AQUAVAC-ESC have shown significantly lower mortality than non-vaccinates (1)
- Field Proven Performance - Used successfully on U.S. catfish farms since 2003
- Safe - Use with confidence in catfish fry 7 days post-hatch or older (2)
- Easy to use - Compatible with modern hatchery management practices; may be added to transport tanks before stocking fry
- Exclusive protection - First and only modified-live vaccine licensed by USDA for ESC in catfish.
AQUAVAC-ESC contains the known avirulent strain of Edwardsiella ictaluri, designated RE- 33. The product has been shown to provide significant protection from disease and mortality when vaccinated catfish are challenged with common avirulent or wildtype isolates of E. ictaluri. (2) Use as part of a comprehensive fish health management program.
(1) USDA/ARS Aquatic Animal Health Research Laboratory, Auburn, AL, 2004-2005
(2) Data on file, Merck Animal Health.
< More vaccines
This website contains information on veterinary pharmaceutical and biological products based on international registration dossiers. The site may refer to products that are either not available in your country or are marketed under a different tradename. In addition, the safety and efficacy data and the withholding periods for a specific product may be different depending on local regulations. Please consult your veterinarian for further information.